Buyer Agents: Working for You Free of Charge
Are you thinking about buying a home? Have you been searching on Zillow or Realtor.com only to be frustrated when you see a house you love and, OOPS, it's actually under contract. Not to mention, being bombarded with calls and emails from a bunch of agents you don't know.
It sounds like you need a buyer's agent.
Why should you use a buyer’s agent?
You should should always have your own agent! Buyer agents work to negotiate the best terms and price for the buyer. Best of all, the buyer agent’s services are free to the buyer! Come on, who doesn't love free?
Instead of searching on a bunch of unreliable sites I can set you up on a home search that is connected directly to the MLS and you will know about homes the MOMENT they hit the market.
Most people I speak with think they have to pay a sales commission. The truth is this: only the seller pays the commission. That's right! Whether a buyer uses an agent or not, the seller still pays the commission. The only person that wins when buyers are not represented is the listing agent.
I even credit my buyers money back at closing as a big thank you for trusting me enough to be your agent.
Think about it, you wouldn’t hire your spouse’s attorney to represent you in your divorce. The same goes for real estate. Why use the seller’s agent to negotiate your best interest?
The home buying process is stressful enough without worrying about who you can and cannot trust. Your buyer’s agent is your trusted advocate.
So, what will you do for me?
- Walk you through the home buying process step-by-step so you know what to expect
- Available anytime to show you homes you are interested in (I can show you any home on the market!)
- Prepare of all necessary forms when making an offer and/or counteroffer. (Offer to purchase, addendums, due diligence request, property disclosure, oil and mineral rights disclosure, etc.)
- Negotiate the BEST possible price for you when we find the home you love
- Assist you with all aspects once the home is under contract including, but not limited to:
- Tracking loan process to ensure you close on time
- Deliver due diligence and earnest money checks for you
- Schedule home inspection, termite inspection, mold inspection, radon inspection, etc.
- Negotiate requested repairs and oversee completion
- Research all HOA, tax, utility, zoning, well, septic, survey, restrictive covenants, etc. information relating to home
- Coordinate with attorney all necessary documents for closing
- Connect you with the service providers I know and trust—inspectors, lenders, movers, home warranty companies—to best suit your needs
- Guide you every step of the way through closing and beyond!
I tried to simplify it as much as possible, but it's a lot of work and that's just what happens if everything goes off without a hitch! There's no need to go through the home buying process alone, I know the process and the market, and I love my job, I'd love to help you! If you are in the Triangle area of North Carolina, I'd love to be your Realtor. If not, ask me for a recommendation of who you should work with.
*If you read this article and are ready to start looking for your next home, send me a message below and I'll give you $500 towards your closing costs!